COOSA CHRISTIAN PROM INFORMATION
Prom is a special event and we hope you will participate. It is for 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students. They may invite a 9th grade student to attend as a guest. Guests may not be 21 or older. We want to provide a safe and wholesome environment for our students at this event. For that reason, dates, if not current students at Coosa Christian, must be approved through the office. You must obtain a Prom Visitor Application from the office which must be returned one week prior to the event.
Our desire is to honor the Lord and help you make wonderful high school memories. Superior student image testifies to the community that Coosa Christian is unlike other schools. Our goal is to present a Christian lifestyle that glorifies God and enhances individual self-image. For this reason, we want to explain our expectations for prom.
1. As a school function, all school rules are in effect even though the dance is not on school property. Please refer to the CCS Student Handbook Policies.
2. Once a student or guest leaves the dance he/she is not allowed to return. 3. No outside food or drinks are allowed inside the facility. Refreshments are available inside the facility.
4. Tobacco products, vapes, non-prescriptive drugs, alcohol, or weapons are not allowed at any CCS event.
5. Public displays of affection will not be permitted at any school-related activity. 6. Students and guests are required to sign in upon admission.
7. Only approved guests will be admitted.
8. Parents and students assume responsibility for any accident or property damage while attending and traveling to and from the prom.
9. The administrators and sponsors reserve the right to make any other decisions needed to ensure the safety of the students and their guests.
10. Administrators and sponsors reserve the right to refuse admittance to any student or guest who is inappropriately dressed. Please refer to the dress guidelines below. 11. Students or guests who do not comply with these rules will be removed from the dance. 12. Girls’ dresses must be approved through the office via pictures on their phones of them in their dress . (front and back)
BOYS: Dress code is formal. Boys are encouraged to dress appropriately with the minimum requirement being a dress shirt with tie, dress pants, and dress shoes (no sneakers). Suits or tuxedos are excellent choices to complement the girls’ dresses.
GIRLS - Girls may wear formal dresses or evening wear that is in keeping with modest standards. Modest styles are encouraged in place of revealing styles often found in magazines and department stores, which are not welcome at a Christian prom since they detract from the wholesome atmosphere CCS wishes to maintain. Administration asks that you show good judgment in regard to this. To avoid any misunderstanding, we do have the following restrictions: no low-cut or plunging necklines or open plunging backs; skirts, dresses and slits should be no shorter than 4 inches above the knee; no bare midriffs or other inappropriate bare sections, and no extremely tight or see-through dresses. Strapless dresses and dresses with spaghetti straps are allowed as long as the dress is still modest in presentation. Some dresses are more modest with these features than some without these features. Be careful in your choice - no cleavage. If in doubt, err on the side of modesty. If you have specific questions, feel free to call or email Mrs. Justus to discuss. Pictures of you in your dress must be brought to the office and be approved.These requirements and guidelines will be enforced, and you may be sent home if you do not comply. Please sign below and return, saying you and your parent have read and agreed to the above.
DETACH AND RETURN TO MRS. WEEKS
I have read the notice about prom rules and attire.